Valley Engineering is a small business providing civil, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering, commissioning, landscape architecture, planning, and surveying services in the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. Be part of a company culture that is reinventing the landscape of design and construction.
The Civil Engineer I role is for a entry level civil engineering position with a focus on Land Development. This position reports to one of our 2 Team Leaders. This person must be a quick learner, a team player attitude and have some basic understanding of engineering principles.
Candidates must be driven towards the team’s success, with additional focus on their own performance and continued learning. The day-to-day working environment will include communication with others, but at times will be able to work independently as projects allow. Time management skills will be necessary to stay on top of tasks given by Team Leaders and Supervisors.
- Work alongside other team members generate construction drawings.
- Will work in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Office 365, HydroCAD, and other programs as needed to complete land development projects.
- Project deadlines sometimes require overtime, though this is project specific. Candidate must be comfortable working as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Typical hours are 8-5 M-F, with some flexible work schedule options available.
- AutoCAD experience required, with a background in AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- E.I.T. certification preferred
- Previous experience in land development preferred
- Experience working in Microsoft office
- Ability to stay organized
- Previous working experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening will be required, include drug testing and background checks.