Valley Engineering is a small business providing civil, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering, commissioning, landscape architecture, planning, and surveying services in the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. Be part of a company culture that is reinventing the landscape of design and construction.
The Civil Engineer Mid-Level role is for a civil engineering position with a focus on Land Development. This position reports to our Assistant Director of Civil Engineering. This person must be a quick learner, have a team player attitude and possess an understanding of engineering principles. In addition, this person must be comfortable handling some client communication and basic project management skills.
Candidates must be driven towards the team’s success, with an additional focus on their own performance and continued learning. The day-to-day working environment will include communication with others, but at times they will be able to work independently as projects allow. Time management skills will be necessary to stay on top of tasks required for projects and for clients. Good communication skills are required.
- Prepare direction for a CAD designer using PDF editing tools or hard copy markups
- Answer phone calls and emails from clients to help answer project related questions
- Manage projects and meet project deadlines.
- Will work in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Office 365, HydroCAD, and other programs as needed to complete land development projects.
- Tasks will include grading, erosion control, stormwater management, utility design, site design, road design, profiles, drafting, etc.
- Project deadlines sometimes require overtime, though this is project specific. Candidate must be comfortable working as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Typical hours are 8-5 M-F, with some flexible work schedule options available.
- AutoCAD experience required, with a background in AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- Bachelor of Science required with a focus on Land Development preferred
- E.I.T. certification required
- 1-5 years of experience in a similar position required
- Experience working in Microsoft office
- Pre-employment screening will be required, include drug testing and background checks.