Valley Engineering is a small business providing civil, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering, commissioning, landscape architecture, planning, and surveying services in the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. Be part of a company culture that is reinventing the landscape of design and construction.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer role is for an experienced mechanical engineering position with a focus on HVAC. This position reports to the Associate Director of Mechanical Engineering. This person must have a team player attitude and ability to communicate well with clients and staff.
Candidates must be driven towards the team’s success, with additional focus on their own performance and continued learning. The day-to-day working environment will include communication with others, but at times will be able to work independently as projects allow. Time management skills are necessary to keep projects on budget.
- Performing all aspects of mechanical engineering design, specifically HVAC, including program requirements, code analysis, design analysis, calculations, equipment selection and layout, and system selection and layout
- Meeting with clients to understand project needs and define system requirements
- Working with a multi-discipline team of engineers and designers including participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Preparing accurate, complete, and code-compliant construction drawings and specifications
- Performing discipline QA/QC review on assigned projects
- Adhering to project schedules and budget
- Performing and supervising mechanical construction administration services including site visits, submittal review, and responses to RFIs
- Dedicated to their professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
- Graduate of an ABET-accredited engineering program in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5 years or more of significant mechanical design and practice experience with a Consulting Engineering firm or a multi-discipline Architectural & Engineering firm
- Substantial knowledge of applicable mechanical, plumbing, and energy codes and standards
- Professional Engineer License or the ability to obtain Professional Engineer License
- Understanding of sustainable design principles and practices is desirable
- ASHRAE certifications, LEED AP accreditation, and/or other certifications/ accreditations are desirable
- Knowledge of REVIT and AutoCAD required
- Software skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail
- Working familiarity with TRACE 700 design software is highly desirable
- Pre-employment screening will be required, include drug testing and background checks.